What is the gamelauncher
The sl.Gamelauncher is a little tool to join a gameserver via website without using the internal browser of the game. Therefore will be url's placed in the system which will be executed by the internetbrowser. You can join an et-server via et://firstname.lastname@example.org:12345 or a farcry-server via farcry://184.108.40.206:12345 without circulary copying of the ip, just klicking the website button to join. The links work not only the splatterladder-site, but also with every other site.
A detailed installguide is in progress.
Binding the games
You may start an automatic search during the installation or afterwards in the options. The gamelauncher tries to find all of your installed games. With a right-click on the according game you can set the install-path by yourself or correct it. Watch out for a marked check-box, only with that enabled your game starts using your browser.
In advance: the binding of the versions is optional. If games being updated it may be possible not to be able to connect on every server. That is because of the incompatible versions of the game. With the gamelauncher you may seperate single game-versions by creating extra game-directories which will be executed automatically. However, the url must contain the version of course.
You got server with specific configuration like a slot-password? The Launcher can do this for you. With 'new server-setting' you define a password, a config-file or own instructions. There is no limit to the number of server-entries, so go ahead!
The update-function is enabled by default. You can edit the update-interval in the options or turned it completely off. You can also start a manual update. There is only one search per each interval (daily, weekly or monthly) for updates. If there is a new program-version you will be informed and asked, if you want to update.
How to configure your website for the gamelauncher
The gamelauncher supports starting your games via a simple internet-address, which can be added by every webmaster easily. The address looks like this:
You only have to set up a link to your game-server:
<a href="et://220.127.116.11:12345/83">Join my server</a>
That's all. And now your visitors can join a server from your website using the gamelauncher. A little hint for your visitors that they need the gamelauncher would be helpful. Following addresses are correct:
et://18.104.22.168:12345 ; standard et://myserver.dyndns.org:18367 ; with dynamic ip (Don't forget the port!) et://email@example.com:12345 ; with Server/private-slot password et://22.214.171.124:12345/83 ; with server-protocol-version
How to expand the gamelauncher with own games
games.ini: This file defines what will be executed from the command-line. games.ini is in the same directory as the gamelauncher. [et]
name = Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory executable = ET.exe params = +connect <hostport> <?password +set password <password>> <?config +exec <config>> <?custom <custom>> icon = icons/et.bmp [et.versions] 82 = 2.55 83 = 2.56 84 = 2.60
- [et]: The game-id which will be treated
- name: The name of the game which is displayed in the gamelauncher-list.
- executable: The executable file of the game
- params: The hole connect-string, with constant and variable parameters
- icon: The icon-file for the game.
- variables: variables are set in parentheses and filled with respective content.
- caused parameter: are set also in parentheses, but followed by a blank an a caused string. These caused strings are used only if the variable is not set. Otherwise it will be ignored.
example: <?password +set password <password>>
following values are available:
- hostport: The ip-address incl. ':' and port.
- ToDo: host: The ip- or dns-address.
- ToDo: port: The port (has to be set often as an optional parameter.)
- password: The server-password, if needed.
- ToDo: config: A special config-file, if stated.
- ToDo: custom: Free definable, own values.