Please keep thoriwng these posts up they help tons.
NOTE: This article is a translation. The original is maintained in German.
Requirements for a valid session
Not every player of a session, and not every session is calculated. There are several requirements for a session to be successfully calculated:
- The session has to be at least five minutes long.
- A minimum number of six players have to play just over 2/3 of the session (the green bar 'session length' should show at least 2/3).
- The played map must not be disabled (Trickjump and sniper maps are disabled by default for a valid rating).
- No tv-servers are calculated.
- All Omni-bot and similer bot servers are only calculated when there are no bots playing in the whole session.
Calculation of a session
Every players SL rating is used for a successful session calculation. This rating is a numerical representation of a players performance. This rating plays a very important role for the basis of the calculation of each session. The total rating of all players in the session is added together and then divided by the total number of players in the session, finding the average or mean rating score.
Compairing your personal rating with the mean rating score enables the calculation to see if you have played the session to the standard expected by someone of your rating.
At the end of each session a calculation of all the players combined PPM (points per minute) is made and divided by the total number of players within the session, finding the average or mean PPM score.
If you have a personal rating of 20.00 and the average rating of the players in the session was 10.00, you will have to earn at least twice as many PPM than the mean PPM score of that session to receive a +/-0 or even a +Rating.
If you get more PPM than is expected you will receive a +Rating.
If you get less PPM than is expected you will receive a -Rating.
If you get about the same amount of PPM as is expected you will receive a +/-0.
|ELO-rating system, but is strongly modified!|